It's where potential customers make the leap from being vaguely aware to genuinely considering your product. This critical phase in the marketing funnel is where their interest starts to ignite, and where the right strategies can make a real impact on conversion rates and, ultimately, sales.
In this blog, we'll explore powerful mid-funnel techniques tailored to expand your reach, and how strategically connecting Google and Amazon can increase conversions and drive more sales to your Amazon store. Ready to skyrocket your sales with mid-funnel marketing? Let's get started!
Mid Funnel Marketing: From Google to Amazon
The mid-funnel is the crucial stage in the customer journey where potential shoppers transition from awareness to consideration while on Google. It's that sweet spot where they're actively researching products, comparing their options, and evaluating different brands before converting into paying customers on Amazon.
By understanding the dynamics of the mid-funnel, you can develop effective marketing strategies to guide potential shoppers on Google to become your loyal customers. Let's go over how to leverage Google Ads to drive traffic to your Amazon store.
Leveraging Google Ads for Off Amazon Traffic
Many potential customers begin their product search on Google because it is the most popular search engine and offers a one-stop shop for finding information about products, including listings from various retailers, price comparisons, and reviews. Take advantage of this huge external traffic by leveraging Google Ads to drive high-intent shoppers to your Amazon store. Here's how it works:
Step 1. Capture the attention of potential customers at the mid-funnel stage.
The customer journey begins when a user initiates a search, seeking information or a specific product. By inputting relevant keywords, they signal their intent and preferences. This is the mid-funnel stage, where potential customers are aware of their needs and are actively researching products and services.
Step 2. Use Google Ads to drive potential customers to your Amazon product pages.
By strategically placing Google Ads and targeting specific keywords and demographics, you can ensure that your products are seen by potential customers who are already interested in what you have to offer. With compelling ad copy that highlights the benefits of your products and services, you can seamlessly guide potential customers to your Amazon store for further exploration and purchase.
Step 3. Convert potential customers into paying customers.
With a smooth transition from Google Ads to your Amazon store, potential customers can easily continue their journey, exploring, evaluating, and possibly making a purchase in the trusted e-commerce environment of Amazon. Providing clear and concise product descriptions, high-quality images, competitive prices, and discounts and promotions can further incentivize potential customers to purchase from you.
This transition goes beyond a simple redirect. It involves strategically connecting intent and action, transforming a search into a sale through a carefully crafted experience across the digital landscape. By understanding and optimizing this smooth journey, you can greatly increase conversions and improve your overall ROI.
Is your product a good fit for Google Ads? Find out with Ampd's Benchmark tool.
Google Ads Strategies for Mid-Funnel Engagement
Mid-funnel shoppers are already interested in what you have to offer making Google Ads a powerful tool for driving conversions and boosting sales. Here are some effective strategies for using Google Ads to engage mid-funnel shoppers:
- Target the right keywords. When potential customers are in the mid-funnel, they are more likely to search for more specific keywords related to the products or services they are considering. For example, instead of searching for "running shoes," they might search for "best running shoes for women" or "reviews of Nike running shoes." By targeting these more specific keywords, you can get your ads in front of potential customers who are already interested in what you have to offer.
- Use negative keywords. Negative keywords can help to prevent your ads from showing for irrelevant searches. For example, if you sell running shoes, you might want to add negative keywords like "free" or "DIY." This will help to ensure that your ads are only showing for people who are actively searching for running shoes to buy.
- Use relevant and compelling ad copy. In the mid-funnel, potential customers are evaluating their options, so use relevant and compelling ad copy that addresses their pain points, highlights your unique selling propositions, and persuades them to choose you over your competitors. For example, you could highlight your unique selling propositions, such as free shipping, competitive prices, or a wide selection of products. You could also use social proof, such as customer testimonials or ratings, to build trust and credibility.
- Use remarketing campaigns. Remarketing is an incredibly effective tool for nurturing potential customers who have already shown interest in your brand. By incorporating Amazon's Brand Tailored Promotions with Google Ads into your remarketing strategy, you can establish a stronger brand presence and boost your revenue. Through strategically placing display ads on websites they frequently visit, you can gently remind them of your brand and reignite their curiosity. This approach ensures that your brand remains at the forefront of their minds and nudges them closer to making a purchase. See how this brand successfully boosted its revenue by implementing a powerful remarketing strategy with the help of Google Ads and Ampd.
- Monitor and Analyze Performance. Regularly analyzing important metrics such as click-through rates (CTR), conversion rates, and return on ad spend (ROAS) can provide valuable insights into the performance of your campaigns. This information will help you identify which campaigns are excelling and which ones could benefit from improvement. By utilizing the data you collect, you can make informed decisions on how to optimize your mid-funnel strategies. For instance, if you notice a campaign with a low CTR, you can consider adjusting your ad copy or targeting. Conversely, if a campaign demonstrates a high ROAS, you may want to allocate a larger budget to further capitalize on its success.
Make this easier with Ampd Intelligence®. Quickly identify and address any areas of concern with Ampd's AI-powered platform, which helps you track and analyze your campaign performance in real-time. Take a guided tour with our Google Strategists to check out its powerful features:
Ampd Create®: Intelligently guided keyword selection and automated campaign creation that launches campaigns with higher quality scores.
Ampd Protect®: Constantly analyzes data including budgets, conversion rates, and ROI performance to make instant optimizations.
Ampd Predictive Bid-Manager®: Set your goals toward profitability or growth and let Ampd automatically optimize ad spending for you.
Boost Your Amazon Sales with Google Ads and Ampd
Unlock the full potential of Google Ads for mid-funnel engagement with Ampd. We're experts at helping you connect with high-intent customers and seamlessly guiding them directly to your Amazon store.
Ampd's AI-powered advertising platform helps thousands of brands boost revenue with Google Ads and drive customers from Google to Amazon. It's a comprehensive solution for creating, optimizing, and tracking your campaigns. Our in-depth reporting includes individual keyword performance, TACoS, impression share, and a brand portfolio overview.
Sign up now to tap into Google's massive off-Amazon traffic and drive mid-funnel shoppers to your Amazon store to boost your sales. Book a demo today!