By now, you should have high-performing Site Wide ads that are sending traffic to your website/Shopify store and showcasing your brand, but you might be wondering about how you can also get your products to show up on Google Shopping.
As a reminder, Google Shopping Campaigns or Product Listings Ads (PLAS) are campaigns that are product based, which show the product image and the price. (See example below!)
Shopping campaigns are a great way to show off your great products and visually grab the attention of your potential customers with visuals on specific items—and they’re complementary to Site Wide campaigns.
For Shopify customers, especially, it’s easy to get started! Here’s a guide on how to do it.
How to Install Shopify Shopping
1. Go to the Shopify App Store and search for “Google Channel” by Shopify or click this direct link
2. Once you add the app you will be redirected this page (screenshot below)
3. You will sign into your Google Account and scroll down to the “Marketing Section”
4. Connect your Merchant Account
Note: Once you are at this step you have two options.
- Option 1: Create a New merchant account, if you do not have one already.
- Option 2: Connect an existing merchant account
5. Once you have connected your Merchant account head back to the Marketing Section on the previous page
6. Click “Choose a target market”
7. This will redirect you to “Set Up your Google Smart Shopping Campaign” and click “Select” and select the target market and language that makes sense for your business.
8. Click Save
9. Once you have saved Select your Shipping Settings
10. Next connect your Google Ads Account
Note: You will need to go back to the Marketing Section (Smart Campaign) and click “Connect and setup a Google Ads Account” and “Confirm your details.” This is confirming that you have added your billing information. Once you click “I’ve added billing information” you have confirmed you have added billing information.
11. After you have connected the correct accounts you will return to “Marketing Section” and click “See Campaign”
12. Name your activity
Note: Pick a name that describes your store.
13. Select a daily budget
14. Click the back button and you will be able to see your campaign